Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ford Evos Concept

This morning Ford has taken off the veil of its latest concept car, called simply the “Evos.” A design study more than a planned production car, the Evos gives us a glimpse of what future Fords may look like. Bonus; it’s a plug-in hybrid.


Now I don’t know about you, but I think this is a damn good looking concept car. From the fierce front fascia to the gull-wing style doors and squat back end, this car has “Drive me,” written all over it. I especially like the thin, sleek headlights because, if you ask me, headlights have been getting bigger and uglier for decades (I prefer cars with hideaway headlights myself.) It’s an aggressive, stylish concept…but the looks are only half the story.

That’s because underneath this shapely concept is a hint of the technologies Ford has in store for the next-generation of cars. I already covered some of this tech during my time at the Forward with Ford event. Some of the high-tech gizmos include health monitoring devices for the driver, a cloud-based infotainment system that merges car, home, and office together. The Evo would actually get to know you, automatically tuning to your favorite radio station or adapt the seat and steering wheel position to your body.

It’s a lot of high-tech wizardry for a concept car, and how much of it will actually make it into production, I just don’t know. Judging from the resources Ford is throwing at a lot of this technology though, I imagine they plan to incorporate it into future cars.

The Evos drivetrain is the “realest” thing about the car, as it supposedly shares the same plug-in hybrid drivetrain as the upcoming C-Max Energi. Whether that means an EcoBoost engine, or something more mundane, remains to be seen. So far, across the internet, response seems to be pretty damn positive…so perhaps a car with a close resemblance to the Evos will make a debut. But this concept car has done its job…getting me, and a lot of other people, excited about future Ford products.

Source: Ford

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib