Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]



Since early this year, a lot of people have been praising the Ford Motor Company on its successful new hybrid technologies. The 2010 Ford Fusion is definitely one of the best hybrid cars to buy. However, Ford has always built great cars, so I don't know why this revelation is only happening now.

I have personally owned Buick, Jeep, and cars by Chevrolet. All of them had problems with overheating. A GM mechanic once told me that the weather in Florida was causing the problem, although I still disagree to this day.

As I was having car problems during the 1990s, many of my friends owned Ford and imports such as Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. In 2002, I finally bought a used Ford. I purchased a 1998 Ford Contour, and it is great on gas.

Other than the normal maintenance, I have not had any issues with this vehicle. Hard to believe? The Ford car is almost 12 years old, and it still drives like new. Wow, am I sounding like a used car salesperson?

My grandfather once told me that I will always be better off in a Ford automobile. I wanted to be different, as most of my family members drive Ford cars. I don't know if it was a curse, or a fluke, but every car I owned had problems with coolant. Each vehicle had the same problems as it started with overheating problems, then the water pump gave, then the transmission had to be repaired because that overheated, etc. It wasn't too long after those repairs when I needed a new alternator.

I am only speaking of personal experience, and I'm sure there are people out there happy with their Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler, or Chevy. I just can't bring myself to a Chevrolet dealer. If the car doesn't have the Ford logo on it, I'm not interested.

Last Friday, I wanted to test the customer service department at Ford. I contacted my local Palm Bay Ford (a dealer in Palm Bay, Florida) dealer to ask questions about recalls on the 1998 Ford Contour. They gave me two items from a list, but they were very minimal concerns. I then asked the dealer if there were any memos or bulletins about the timing belt. They didn't know the answer, but said they would call me back.

About one hour later, Palm Bay Ford called me back after weeding through several papers and documents. There were no issues with the timing belt. Now, while I felt bad for putting them through this goose-chase, it was important to know what kind of service I would expect if I bought a new Ford automobile directly from a dealer. I wasn't asking to buy a car, I was asking for information, and each time the service representative was friendly and very courteous.

What I am going to do in the coming weeks is video-tape everything from the sales process to driving the car home. These videos will be filmed openly, not secretly, and will be available on our website soon. I am interested in either the Ford Focus, new or used, or the 2010 Ford Fusion.

From there, I want to record additional videos on Ford mileage and driving conditions. We are opening a new section on the website to display several videos of our take on buying a new or used car. I am hoping to have plenty of whistles and bells available for our readers to view.

There are other staff writers that drive other cars built by other automakers. Not everyone will agree with me. However, at least I can take my work to video and help consumers with these upcoming Ford videos. Ford Motor Company deserves a lot of credit as they are the real leader in domestic auto manufacturing.

Source: newsoxy

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib